Days 1-7: Clean
- Only clean your brows once or twice a week during the healing process with a very light touch, using a cotton bud or pad with sterile water.
- To sterile water – use boiled water from the kettle and wait to cool. DO NOT use tap water.
- DO NOT use any other products like cleansing products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, or AHA), or any exfoliants.
Days 1-7 Moisturize
- Apply a rice grain amount of bapanthon one or twice a week with a cotton bud and dab it across the treated area. Do this only if very dry and itchy.
- Be sure not to over-apply as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing if your skin is oily just apply around the tattoo not directly on top. The ointment should be barely noticeable on the skin. Never put the ointment on a wet or damp tattoo.
- AWM should have you covered, but here are some extra tips to help with a smooth and easy recovery:
- Use a fresh pillow case
- Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. Picking can cause scarring or loss of colour
- No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks
- Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
- Avoid heavy sweating and long hot showers for the first 10 days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days
- Avoid swimming, lakes, hot tubs for the first 10 days
- Avoid topical makeup including sunscreen on the area
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area.
Important note about showering:
Limit your showers to 5 minutes so you do not create too much steam. Use lukewarm water instead of hot water. Keep your face/brows out of the water while you wash your body, then, at the end of your shower, wash your hair. Your face should only be getting wet at the very last end of the shower.
I recommend do not wash hair for at least 2-3 days after the procedure.
Remember, with the proper prep and aftercare routine you will have much better results with your microblading procedure. Don’t forget your new favourite acronym: ACM – Absorb, clean, Moisturise!